The function of the Sales Representative is to grow and maintain sales by acquiring new accounts, maintaining strong relationships with and maximizing revenue from current accounts.
- Expand sales base by establishing new accounts and maximizing existing accounts.
- Maintain existing customers ensuring needs are met through unmatched customer service.
- Achieve monthly sales targets.
- Provide world class customer service.
- Increase sales by adding customers and further development of existing customer base.
- Identify prospective sales leads, working them through sales pipeline to closure.
- Daily entry of sales activities in CRM (customer relationship management) software.
- Communicate product and service information to all accounts (i.e. seasonal availability, pricing, etc.).
- Work with Purchasing Department to identify product needs for accounts.
- Reviewing daily sales for awareness of customer patterns and communication of service issues, as necessary.
- Tour local markets to keep informed on seasonal products and vendor news.
- Work closely with Buyers to have the correct product in stock.
- Ongoing forecasting of product with current customers and presales.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS :
- MUST have 3+ years produce sales or 5+ year’s culinary experience with strong product knowledge and identification skills
- Must have a passion for food and be an evangelist for fresh local produce.
- Unmatched Customer Service Focus. Must demonstrate sales competency including effective negotiation, closing, prospecting, presentation skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) a plus Strong computer skills – Word, Excel, Internet, email, Edible Software, CRM Valid California driver’s license.
This is a salary full-time position and eligible for an excellent compensation package after satisfactorily completing the introductory period (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K, PTO). Salary BOE
Potential candidates can fax resume with “Sales Representative” in the subject heading to (415) 643-0470.
PLEASE NO DROP-INS